Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Home

There are 22,227 houses in Minnetonka, Minnesota. What makes each of those houses a home? It’s hard to say. Driving from a long day of work, I can feel the gravitation pulling me into my couch. The second I walk through the doorway on the hardwood floor of the space I call my own, every muscle in my body relaxes as I enter a world of my own making.

But, why? Yes, the neighbors wave at me while mowing their lawn. It’s true that the lingering smell of the finish is always familiar. I know there’s always something to do without a map pointing me in the right direction. I’ll admit that my bed knows exactly how to seduce me into a well-deserved sleep. I don’t know if it’s those that transform my house into a home, but it’s clear that it is, indeed, a home.

Ask somebody else, and they’ll give you a completely different answer. I know a friend of mine hangs up a sign and stands by it wholeheartedly: “A house is just a house without a cat.” Without a cat of my own, all I can do is stare and hold back a chuckle. My mother would definitely, without any hesitation, let you know that family is what turns your house from building to home. If you were Joe Moore, you would say, “Home is where you can say anything you please, because nobody pays any attention to you anyway.” I’m not sure how much I believe Moore, but it certainly made me smile.

Whatever it is that causes a mental renovation of your house and creates a home, I’m here to help. I’m always looking out for you. Whether you are in need to buy your new home, sell your house in order to reach your home, or lease a house to help someone else get their home, don’t hesitate to contact me, Travis Senenfelder at travis@buysellleasemn.com or give me a call at 651-256-9466.

Helping you up the front steps of your home,

Travis Senenfelder

President, BSL Real Estate
440 2nd St.
Excelsior, MN 55331

No comments:

Post a Comment